Our CFT Buddies scheme is a free companion service for audience members who may not feel comfortable attending the Theatre on their own or need a little extra support during their visit, particularly:
- Elderly and socially isolated patrons
- Anyone with learning difficulties or who are on the autism spectrum
- Those with physical difficulties or are visually or hearing impaired
- People experiencing anxiety about visiting the Theatre alone
CFT Buddies are a team of trained volunteers who come from a range of backgrounds and are all passionate about sharing their love for the Theatre.
On the day of the performance, your CFT Buddy will:
- Meet you at the entrance to the Theatre
- Help with collecting your tickets and any devices required for the show such as a Sennheiser listening unit
- Guide you to your seats and sit with you throughout the performance
- Help buy refreshments and locate the toilets in the interval
- Stay with you until you have been collected or are safely on your way home after the performance
- Generally make sure that you are comfortable throughout your visit
My buddy Sue was simply brilliant. She made the whole afternoon an enjoyable and relaxing experience. Thank you all so much for providing this service.Comment from a Buddy Scheme participant
We also offer a transport element for the CFT Buddies Scheme in partnership with Driving Miss Daisy. If you require transport to the Theatre to use our Buddy scheme please contact Box Office for more details on 01243 781312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: We currently have a full quota of trained Buddies and aren't currently recruiting for any more. Any future recruitment will be advertised on our website.
For more information about the scheme please read the Guidelines to the CFT Buddies Scheme.
For more information about the scheme, please email email@example.com or call the Box Office on 01243 781312.
If you would like to register interest for a CFT Buddy, please complete an application form below.