Our CFT Buddies scheme is a free companion service for audience members who need a little extra support on their visit to the theatre, particularly:
- Elderly and socially isolated patrons
- Anyone with learning difficulties or who are on the autistic spectrum
- Those with physical, eyesight and hearing difficulties
Our CFT Buddies are a team of volunteers who come from a range of backgrounds including: chaperoning young people or working with local community projects. All share a love for the theatre and are passionate about sharing it with new people.
On the day of the performance, your CFT Buddy will:
- Meet you at the entrance to the theatre
- Help with collecting your tickets
- Guide you to your seats and sit with you throughout the performance
- Help buy refreshments and locate the toilets in the interval
- Stay with you until you have been collected or are safely on your way home after the performance
- Generally make sure that you are comfortable throughout your visit
My buddy Sue was simply brilliant. She made the whole afternoon an enjoyable and relaxing experience. Thank you all so much for providing this service.Comment from a Buddy Scheme participant
For more information about the scheme please read the Guidelines to the CFT Buddies Scheme.
If you would like to register interest for a CFT Buddy, please complete an application form and email it to email@example.com.
For more information about the scheme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Box Office on 01243 781312.