CFT Buddies Scheme
Our free companion service is here to make you feel comfortable and supported
CFT Buddies are friendly, trained volunteers who are all passionate about sharing their love for theatre. Anyone can request a Buddy but it might be especially useful for
- People with physical difficulties, visual or hearing impairments who could use assistance before and during the show
- Elderly and socially isolated people
- Anyone on the autism spectrum or who has learning difficulties
- Anyone who is anxious about coming to the Theatre alone
My buddy Sue was simply brilliant. She made the whole afternoon an enjoyable and relaxing experience. Thank you all so much for providing this service.
Comment from a Buddy Scheme user
CFT Buddies is supported by Home Instead Chichester & Bognor Regis
Your CFT Buddy can do any or all of the following (just let us know what would be helpful!)
- Meet you at the entrance to the Theatre
- Remain at a safe social distance from you at all times
- Help you collect your tickets and a Sennheiser listening unit if you need one
- Guide you to your seat and sit with you during the show
- Help buy refreshments and find the toilets at the interval
- Stay with you until you've been collected or are safely on your way home
- Generally make sure you're comfortable during your visit
We also offer a transport element to the scheme. If you need help getting to the Theatre to use our Buddy scheme speak to one of our friendly Box Office team on 01243 781312 or email email@example.com
Still have questions about CFT Buddies? All the answers will hopefully be in our handy guidelines.
Please note: We currently have a waiting list on our Get Closer page (head to the bottom) operating for people interested in becoming a Buddy. Please fill in your details to be added to the waiting list and as soon as we have any vacancies we'll email you.
Would you like a Buddy when you come to the Theatre?
Just fill in the form below and we'll be in touch.