Play a part in our future by leaving a gift in your Will
Chichester Festival Theatre is one of the UK’s flagship arts organisations where young and old can experience the joys of live performance. We are renowned for the exceptionally high standard of our productions, nurturing new talent on and off the stage, engaging with our local community and inspiring a loyal audience.
Please help us ensure that many more generations can share your passion for this Theatre, a registered charity (No. 1088552), by remembering us in your Will.
If you’d like to discuss leaving a gift, please talk to your solicitor or contact the Development Team by email or call 01243 812908.
CFT has been an important part of my life for so long - I want to support its lasting successBeryl, Legacy Pledger
Working in Chichester is one of the highlights of any actor’s career. It is a creative havenEmma Williams, actor in Half A Sixpence and Love Story
I want to help this important institution maintain its quality for the benefit of future generationsGeorge, Legacy Pledger
Only 12% of our income comes from government investment.
By leaving a legacy in your Will, you will help us achieve our aims and protect the heritage of this unique Theatre for future generations.
Benefits of leaving a gift to charity
Did you know that, if you are already giving 4% or more of your taxable estate to charity, increasing your charity gifts to 10% actually costs nothing? The government pays all the extra in its tax reduction.
Your gift will make an enormous difference to us.
With your help, we will be able to achieve our ambitions to:
- Create exciting theatre productions for our diverse audiences
- Introduce children and young people to the theatre
- Ensure those with additional needs have access to live theatre
- Nurture new and emerging talent by providing meaningful training and career opportunities
- Reach out to our local communities to provide exciting opportunities to engage with the arts
- Celebrate the heritage of our buildings, ensuring they are maintained for future generations
How do I leave a gift to Chichester Festival Theatre?
It’s very simple to leave a gift in your Will. We recommend you consult a solicitor, but below are three types of legacy gift:
- A Residuary Legacy is the remainder of your estate after all other gifts have been handed out and debts paid off. This could be any fraction of an estate.
- A Pecuniary Legacy is a fixed sum of money. The value of a pecuniary gift willed several years in advance will decrease over time, as the cost of living increases.
- A Specific Legacy is an item left as a gift in your Will, for example a painting or shares.
We strongly advise you to seek professional advice when drafting a new Will or updating an existing one. This ensures that you receive confidential guidance and your Will is tailored to your particular circumstances.
We promise that any gift you leave to Chichester Festival Theatre will be spent where it’s most needed to ensure our continued success.
If you’d like to discuss leaving a gift, please talk to your solicitor or contact the CFT Development Team by email or call 01243 812911.