Chichester Festival Theatre 1962 – 2022
Birthdays are a time for celebration and our Festival 2022 embraces everything that makes Chichester Festival Theatre a truly special Theatre. From exhilarating musicals to incredible new plays, ground-breaking digital experiences to exciting events for all ages, CFT is a theatre for everyone.
We are proud of our 60 year history of making and sharing stories for all, and this year we’re working harder than ever to help everyone to join in our birthday season. Your support will mean more people can enjoy CFT as much as you do.
Birthdays are for sharing...
- Some people are struggling financially more than ever, so we’re giving bursaries to young people to enable them to join our acclaimed Youth Theatre and express their creativity while improve their health and wellbeing.
- We’re putting on relaxed performances for anyone on the autism spectrum, with sensory and communication disorders, a learning disability or anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed theatre environment. These performances enable everyone to enjoy a show with quieter music, more lighting and the chance to move around during the show. This year we have relaxed performances for The Famous Five and The Wind in the Willows.
- In these challenging financial times, we’re continuing to make sure everyone can see awe-inspiring theatre by offering tickets starting at £10 for every show in the Festival Theatre during our 60th season.
- We have a special dementia-friendly performance of our summer musical, Crazy for You, with quieter music and a recap of the plot after the interval to help the audience follow the wonderful story and songs.
- Our free touch tours give blind and visually impaired visitors the chance to feel the set and understand it before enjoying an audio described performance.
- People of all ages have struggled with their mental health and wellbeing, so we’re opening up our building and training volunteers to accompany the elderly and vulnerable to join in singing, dancing and being creative and sharing time with others again.
- For those who are hard of hearing and Deaf or deafened we provide British Sign Language interpreted and captioned performances.
- And for local Polish families we provide a translation service so young families can enjoy live theatre - many for the first time.
Your support makes all the difference
All of this work takes money and as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic, we need your financial support more than ever. Our income has plummeted over the past two years and we’ve relied on cost-saving measures, emergency Government grants, and using our reserves to remain financially viable.
We need your help to raise £100,000 this year to enable everyone to be part of CFT’s birthday year. However much you choose to donate, your generosity will make a real difference to those most in need.
Donate today, because birthdays are for sharing.
If you have any questions or would like to find out more, please contact the CFT Development Team by email or call 01243 812911.
From all of us at CFT - Thank you!
Chichester Festival Theatre strives for best practice in fundraising and is registered with the Fundraising Regulator. We are honest and transparent with our donors, ensuring our fundraising activities are legal and respectful.