Please note these measures are all subject to government guidance and therefore may change. For the most up to date information, please check back here closer to the date of your booking.
How many audience members are you allowing into the building? Our socially-distanced auditoriums offers a reduced capacity of approximately 50% ensuring a 1m-plus space between parties
What measures are you putting in place to ensure the audience will be safe? We will follow government guidance at all times:
- E-tickets will be issued as standard. These do not have to be printed but can be shown on your smartphone or similar device for us to scan on entry. In order to reduce queueing and minimise contact, tickets will not be available for collection from the Box Office
- Tickets will detail timed arrivals with an assigned door number
- Contactless temperature checks will be carried out at point of entry
- Face coverings are required for the duration of your visit (except for eating and drinking) unless exempt for health reasons. Front of House staff will also wear face coverings
- Contact details are collected during the booking process to support NHS Test and Trace
- We will carry out enhanced cleaning of the auditorium between performances
- Hand sanitising stations are positioned throughout the building
- Cloakrooms will not be available so please bring minimal belongings
- The Restaurant, Bars, and Cafe will be open but transactions will be cashless and paperless, with perspex screens fitted at all sale points.
- Additional signage will be in place to manage social distancing and audience flow
- Programmes and ice creams can be pre-ordered when booking your tickets where available, or purchased on the day. Please we are aiming for all transactions to be cashless.
We ask that you do not attend if:
- You have experienced any symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You have been in close proximity to anyone who has experienced symptoms in the last 14 days
- You have been instructed to self-isolate under the current rules.
Clinically vulnerable individuals or members of a household who are shielding extremely vulnerable individuals are advised not to attend
Will I need to wear a face mask?
Face coverings are required for the duration of your visit for all performances (except for eating and drinking) unless exempt for health reasons, until government guidelines tell us otherwise. Front of House staff will also wear face coverings
Will the toilets be open for use?
Yes. However, at this time there is restricted capacity so please follow signage or speak to a member of staff. Accessible toilet facilities remain in the same place as before. Enhanced cleaning processes are in place throughout the building.
Will the Bars and Café be open?
The Restaurant, Bars and Cafe will be open during your visit [socially distanced performances TBC] but transactions will be cashless and paperless, with perspex screens fitted at sales points.
What if I need to use the facilities during the event? Will I be able to exit my seat?
At this time, we are advising people to maintain a distance of 2 metres where possible around the venue. Whilst the capacity in the auditorium has been reduced, you may need to pass someone to take or leave your seat. Please mitigate any risk by keeping your mask on and turning away as you pass. We ask that all audience members are mindful of others around them who may need to leave during the event.
I have access requirements and/or am in a wheelchair, will the lift be in operation?
Yes, the lifts will be in operation. A member of staff will be at the bottom of the lift to check tickets but will not ride in the lift. At this time, only groups in the same household or bubble will be able to travel in the lift together. The lifts will be cleaned between uses.
How will exiting the venue work?
In order to maintain social distancing after the event, our Front of House staff will instruct audience members to leave a row at a time through different exits. We ask that you please be patient and wait until invited to leave your seat before doing so. Please allow those at the end of your row to exit first.?
How do you use the data I provide for Test and Trace?
What if the event is cancelled due to a lockdown?
Please be reassured that should you book for a performance which has to be cancelled, you will be offered the option of a refund, credit or a transfer to another performance.
For maximized flexibility, if you cannot attend, you can exchange your ticket for FREE up to at least 24 hours prior to the event (subject to availability). (Please note this supersedes our other terms and conditions for this season only)
What if I am unable to attend the performance due to illness?
For productions in the Festival and Minerva Theatres we offer a refund protection service, available when you book your tickets, from Booking Protect so you can apply for a refund should you, or anyone in your party, be unable to attend the show due to adverse weather, injury, illness, burglary or fire at your residence, breakdown or relocation for work.