Work that can take dance into a new genreDisability Arts Online
A wonderful exploration that comforts and provokes long after the piece has endedExeunt
Stopgap Dance Company are pleased to present a relaxed performance of The Enormous Room on Saturday 15 December at 2.45pm.
In their latest epic production, we follow a father and daughter gradually coming to terms with the loss of Jackie – their wife and mother. Combining exquisite detail in movement with evocative text and design, The Enormous Room is a thoughtful, moving and uplifting show about saying goodbye and moving on.
This relaxed performance welcomes individuals, groups and families with children on the autism spectrum, with sensory and communication disorders, a learning disability or anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed theatre environment.
The performance and theatre will be adapted in a variety of ways to create a welcoming, less formal environment:
- The auditorium lights will be adjusted for comfort
- There will be a relaxed attitude to noise during the performance
- The show’s lighting and sound levels will be adjusted
- Audience members are able to leave and return to the auditorium during certain parts of the performance
- A chill-out area will be available for the duration of the performance
For more details or to book please call the Box Office on 01243 781312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org