Want the chance to go behind the scenes at CFT? Each Festival Season we offer young people a place on our Young Commissioning Circle (YCC). If you have an interest, enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn more about how a professional theatre production comes together, the YCC is for you.
Applications are now open and will close on 2 July.
What is the YCC?
You will follow one production, receiving a copy of the rehearsal script and getting to meet with the director for a Q&A. You will be invited to observe a technical and dress rehearsal and then receive two complimentary tickets to the show and the chance to meet the cast at a special Supporters Night.
How do I apply?
We encourage applications from anyone aged 16-25 and particularly those who may face barriers to engagement in the arts. Limited travel expenses are available to those who want to participate but might struggle to attend events without this provision.
All you have to do is complete a short application form explaining why you’d like to join the YCC and what you hope to gain from the experience. Additional support will be offered to those who need it in order to complete their application.
What is the time commitment?
There are four key events, as well as a couple of group meet-ups throughout the Festival:
- The Director’s Briefing – this takes place in our rehearsal room usually in the late afternoon on a weekday
- The Technical Rehearsal – these usually take place on a weekday afternoon
- The Dress Rehearsal – these usually take place on weekday afternoons and sometimes Saturday mornings
- The Supporters’ Night – this takes place during the show’s run and you will receive complimentary tickets to see the production and a post-show reception with the cast
You must be able to attend the initial meeting on Thursday 11 July.
What will I get?
- Unique insights into how a production comes together
- The opportunity to see work in theatre up close and watch actors rehearse
- The chance to meet directors, actors and technicians
- A group of like-minded peers to share the experience with
What’s the catch?
We ask you to sign an agreement committing to the various event dates. We would also like you to share your experience on social media, whether Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or your own blog, and the agreement will include our social media guidelines.
If you have any questions at all about the YCC, please call 01243 812874 or email the team firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Young Commissioning Circle is generously supported by the Commissioning and Patrons Circle members of Chichester Festival Theatre.
Read about previous YCC members' experiences here:
Applications for Festival 2019
Open: 14 June
Closing date: 2 July, 12 noon
8 Hotels – Minerva Theatre
Hedda Tesman – Minerva Theatre
Macbeth – Festival Theatre
Sing Yer Heart Out For The Lads – The Spiegeltent
The Butterfly Lion – Minerva Theatre
Email email@example.com if you would like more information.