Since 2004, the Commissioning and Patrons Circles have played a significant part supporting the theatre to produce artistically excellent, creatively ambitious and dynamic theatre productions. Members support one or more productions from page to stage during the Festival season.
In return for your support, you will receive exclusive backstage access enabling you to witness how your chosen production develops. This includes receiving a copy of the rehearsal script, exclusive insights from the director, invitations to a technical and dress rehearsal, as well as the chance to meet the cast at a drinks reception after seeing the show. The Patrons Circle offers enhanced access to our new writing and musical productions.
Members also have the opportunity to support our Young Commissioning Circle scheme, which aims to inspire the next generation of theatre-lovers. This popular initiative gives young people the opportunity to experience the same backstage access as Commissioning Circle members, which previous participants have described as ‘a wonderful, immersive and invaluable experience’
To find out more about joining, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
£800 per production*
- Priority booking and personal account management
- Digital copy of the rehearsal script
- Acknowledgement in your production’s programme and on our website
- Invitation to meet the Director at a Circle Briefing
- Invitation to a technical rehearsal
- Invitation to a dress rehearsal
- One pair of complimentary tickets to your production*
- Invitation to the Supporters Night of your production**
- Complimentary programmes for your production
- Digital copy of review packs
- Invitations to exclusive Circle Platform Talks (subject to availability)
£1,500 per production*
As a Commissioning Circle plus:
- Invitation to the sitzprobe (musicals only)
- Invitation to the CFT Supporters Dinner
- Invitations to exclusive new writing talk
Thank you to our current Supporters
Membership is per production on an annual basis and must be paid in one annual instalment. Both memberships include a benefits value, which represents the cost of the scheme to the theatre, and a suggested donation. The donation is voluntary, and Gift Aid provisions apply to it. The benefit value is the minimum payment amount to secure each membership. For the Commissioning Circle the split is: Donation £700, benefits £100. For the Patrons Circle the split is: Donation £1,300, benefits £200.
* Complimentary tickets must be booked directly through the Development department and are not available online.
** Supporters Night invitations will be sent to members who have booked or reserved tickets for the specific performance in advance.