Since 2004, the Commissioning and Patrons Circles have played a significant part supporting the theatre to produce artistically excellent, creatively ambitious and dynamic theatre productions. Members support one or more productions from page to stage during the Festival season.
In return for your support, you will receive exclusive backstage access enabling you to witness how your chosen production develops. This includes receiving a copy of the rehearsal script, exclusive insights from the director, invitations to a technical and dress rehearsal, as well as the chance to meet the cast at a drinks reception after seeing the show. The Patrons Circle offers enhanced access to our new writing and musical productions.
Members also have the opportunity to support our Young Commissioning Circle scheme, which aims to inspire the next generation of theatre-lovers. This popular initiative gives young people the opportunity to experience the same backstage access as Commissioning Circle members, which previous participants have described as ‘a wonderful, immersive and invaluable experience’
To find out more about joining, and productions available to support during Festival 2019, please contact Eleanor Blackham, Memberships Officer, on 01243 812874 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are Circle memberships available on:
- Priority booking and personal account management
- Copy of the rehearsal script
- Acknowledgement in your production’s programme and on our website
- Invitation to meet the Director
- Invitation to a technical rehearsal
- Invitation to a dress rehearsal
- Invitation to the Supporters Night of your production**
- One pair of complimentary tickets to your production***
- Complimentary programmes
- PDF review packs
As a Commissioning Circle plus:
- Invitation to the sitzprobe (musicals only)
- Invitation to meet the Literary Associate (for new writing productions only)
- Invitation to the Patrons Circle dinner, with special guests
Thank you to our current Supporters
* Membership is on an annual basis and must be paid in one annual instalment. Both memberships include a benefits portion, which represents the cost of the scheme to the theatre, and a suggested donation. The donation is voluntary, and Gift Aid provisions apply to it. The benefit value is the minimum payment amount to secure each membership. For the Commissioning Circle the split is: Donation £700, benefits £100. For the Patrons Circle the split is: Donation £1,300, benefits £200.
** Supporters Night invitations sent when tickets for the evening have been booked or reserved in advance.
*** Complimentary tickets must be booked directly through the Development department and are not available online.