Do you know somebody who, due to disability or particular needs, may think that a theatre visit isn’t for them? At CFT, we want everyone to be able to access and enjoy the live entertainment and drama on offer, regardless of their needs. Both Theatres are fully accessible (with level access for wheelchair users and those with limited mobility), and throughout Festival 2020 we are offering a range of performances and services to enhance and improve everyone’s enjoyment of our productions, including:
- The introduction of a Dementia Friendly performance for the summer musical, South Pacific, welcoming individuals living with dementia, as well as their friends, families and carers. Minor adjustments to the performance will be made to ensure a more dementia friendly atmosphere.
- Signed performances are British Sign Language interpreted for people who are D/deaf or hard of hearing.
- Stagetext captioned performances convert sung or spoken words into text on a screen, for people who are D/deaf or hard of hearing. Free Sennheiser listening units are available for all performances.
- Audio described performances offer live narration over discreet headphones for people who are blind or visually impaired. Touch tours enable blind or visually impaired people to explore the set before audio described performances. Guide, hearing and assistance dogs are welcome in both Theatres.
- A Relaxed Performance for our Christmas show Pinocchio, welcoming individuals, groups and families with children on the autism spectrum, with sensory and communication disorders, a learning disability or anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed theatre environment, as well as a Polish-translated performance.
- CFT Buddies is a free service (supported by Rathbones) that offers a friendly companion to those who may need access support and do not feel comfortable or able to attend a performance alone. We're also able to organise transport to the Theatre for the scheme in partnership with Driving Miss Daisy..
Membership of our Access List allows us to tailor-make bookings to ensure that customers with disabilities or particular needs can enjoy the best possible experience; they can also book tickets at a discount. Take a look at the full overview of our Access facilities or call 01243 781312 to find out more or join the Access List.