Why Support Us
Whilst many people know that Chichester Festival Theatre is one of the UK’s leading producing theatres, not many people know that we are also a registered charity.
We rely on the generous support of our funders, friends, donors and sponsors to create the quality and range of work we do and to develop and expand the outstanding work of our Learning and Participation Department.
What we do
Chichester Festival Theatre sets a national artistic standard for the quality and innovation of its work and has been one of the leading producing houses in the country for fifty years. Our celebrated annual Festival creates up to ten new productions every year with leading actors, directors and designers.
With the support of our donors and sponsors our education and outreach work reaches over 65,000 individuals every year. Our 600 strong Youth Theatre now includes four Satelite groups, a Technical Youth Theatre and a Youth Theatre for young people with disabilities. With traineeships, work experience, Classes for Everyone, projects in the community, workshops, creative partnerships and much more, Chichester Festival Theatre is committed to reaching the widest audience possible in Chichester, around the UK and internationally.
There are few more heartening cultural prospects than the start of another summer Festival of Theatre at Chichester.
2012 was our 50th Anniversary and we are making plans to ensure the Theatre continues to thrive for the next 50 years. RENEW is the next stage of this exciting project.
With its bold, brilliant programming of nine major productions across the summer, it has become one of the most essential theatrical destinations of the country.
How you can Support Us
We have a variety of ways in which those who love theatre can play their part in our success.
- Friends – members receive priority booking, discounts and exclusive events whilst supporting the work we create
- Individuals – enjoy a privileged glimpse into the workings of the theatre and see, at first hand, how your donations help us produce the work you love and support the outstanding work of our educational department
- Businesses - raise your profile, reach new audiences, reward your staff and support your local community. Flexible packages offer an excellent return on investment
- Legacy – Leaving a gift in your Will is a truly life affirming kind of support
- RENEW – The next 50 years
- Make an online donation
If you would like to find out about the ways you can support the work we do, please contact the Development Department on 01243 812915 or email email@example.com.