The Seed: The Burning Gardens
19 - 22 Jul 2012
*SATURDAY 21 JULY has now SOLD OUT. Tickets are still availible for Sunday 22 July|*
One of the most dramatic and destructive events of the Victorian era. A botanical paradise caught in the middle of a war. Is this where the secret of the Seed lies buried?
The Burning Gardens pageant has been performed every year since the Seed was first lost and is steeped in tradition. Celebrating the ferocity of nature and exceptional feats of human endeavor, The Burning Gardens culminates in a mysterious night time hunt.
Part ritual, part game, the pageant is only for the bravest and most spirited adventurers.
- This performance will take place outdoors at night over uneven, perhaps muddy ground, so you’re advised to wear suitable footwear and clothing.
PLEASE BE PREPARED FOR VERY SLIPPERY AND MUDDY PATHS AND WEAR HIKE BOOTS OR WELLIES.
- The performance will involve standing and walking for up to ninety minutes. Following the performance there will be a social event until 10.30pm.
- To make sure everyone can see, we’d ask you not to use umbrellas or portable seating.
- We can’t let latecomers into the performance, so please arrive in good time.
- Audience members with access requirements should contact the box office before booking.
- The show will go on in all but the most severe weather conditions. If in doubt, please turn up and we’ll make a final decision shortly before the performance is due to start.
- There is free parking and audience will be met at the pedestrian entrance to the gardens.
The Burning Gardens is part of The Seed, a summer-long adventure created by Goat & Monkey and David Varela. While each play can be enjoyed on its own, they are all chapters in a larger tale which includes an online story and a real-life treasure hunt. Find out more.
The Seed draws inspiration from the real Victorian plant hunters who collected seeds for the Great Gardens of Sussex. Many of the events portrayed are fictitious.
The Seed is part of the Ahead of the Game Festival. West Sussex celebrates the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games – Ahead of the Game Festival July to September 2012.
This event will be held at Borde Hill Gardens, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 1XP
Please note: Tickets for 20 July are no longer on sale online or via the Box Office but will still be available to buy on the door.
£12.50 (£8.50 concessions)
Age guideline: suitable for 14+ years